Sunday, September 10

What a difference a day makes

Today I had to force myself to do the day's duties before I allowed myself to sit, so keen was I to get my arse on the cushion. Why this should be I don't know. Possibly because defining is defusing. Probably because I went out and met lovely people and had a delightful time yesterday evening. Or maybe because I woke up this morning and continued reading Buddhism Without Beliefs by Stephen Batchelor which I am finding very sympa - "less a Buddhism without beliefs, and more a Buddhism without baggage" as MA thesis writer Marjorie L. Silverman describes it.

The day has been softly warm, an end of summer jewel of a day without a cloud threatening the washing hanging in the garden, without harsh heat, a gentle breeze. I am happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

I'm glad a happy day followed yesterday's trying one. Isn't it wonderful how things sometimes work that way?

12:31 am  
Blogger Dale said...

(o)

12:23 pm  
Blogger Jean said...

Oh, that's it! If you can sit with the pain and suffering and not turn away from it, you aren't saving it up for tomorrow and sometimes, miraculously, tomorrow, or the next moment, feels different... and tomorrow different again. It becomes not a hard rock of suffering, but fluid. No, it IS fluid, and we roll it into a ball by pushing it away.

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home