Rather unexpected
After all these years. Seven of them, to be precise. Seven years of saying "I am a middle monkey, please hold me" and failing to be held.
Last night I said "you can't give me what I need. It is not your fault. It is not my fault".
This morning he's found a flat to move into.
Perhaps he's as relieved as I am.
Last night I said "you can't give me what I need. It is not your fault. It is not my fault".
This morning he's found a flat to move into.
Perhaps he's as relieved as I am.

10 Comments:
And the weariness - you must be so tired.
I'm very sad, and glad. For both of you.
Relief and bone-deep sorrow indeed.
Travelling blind with you these few days past, and also into the future.
Ai. I am so sorry. Nothing more I can say, but I'm here and feel heartbreak for you. Hang in there.
I can't imagine, at all, but I do want to say I'm here, however helplessly.
Oh my dear, how terribly heartbreaking. Wishing you some measure of comfort somehow. This little diary must be a sort of release. Please take care.
What everyone said ... but also more that cannot be said in words but is there with you and for you -- as we are.
Absolutely with you. I hope you know I'm only a phone call away, if that would help.
Lovexxxxxxx
Oh, I know, I know, I know the pain you're going through, the relief, the confusion: the whole damned lot of it. And yet I can't possibly know, and don't. Only you can.
If virtual hugs could heal...
Thank you all so very much. It means a very great deal to me. So much.
When I was fighting in Vietnam, I was surprised one day when I noticed how beautiful that country was despite all the killing and the dying.
Divorce seemed even more devastating to me than that war, but even then a time came when the flowers seemed beautiful and the birds sang as cheerfully as before.
In a dark time the eye begins to see.
Post a Comment
<< Home